CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 26, 2008

Swing Set Surprise!

Okay, well as most of you know, my husband is a "project" person. He is always bringing something home that he found in the trash to use for "projects." He says projects. I call most of it junk. He is also a "collector". Meaning that he never throws anything away and never gets rid of things that he doesn't use anymore. So, as a result, we have a pasture full of old trucks, old "projects", old farm equipment, etc.


The girls birthday is coming up and I wanted to get them a new swing set. They have one that were given to us when Keeli was a baby. It is one of those plastic kind with the fort on the end and a couple of slides. Well, my growing girls are too heavy for it now. The whole swing set, fort and all, shifts when I swing the girls. So, it is time for a bigger one. I mentioned this to my husband. Of course, he says that he can build one cheaper than we can buy. I rolled my eyes at this because I know that it will be another unfinished "project". A few days later, Andy comes driving up to the house in the loader hauling this old swing set a frame. It turns out that it was his when he was a kid. His dad actually built it for him. Surprisely, we were able to transfer the girls swings and it worked out perfectly for now. It does need some paint and I want to make it a little safer for the girls(meaning 1 chain to hang from and not linked together). You will see in the pictures what I am talking about. But, I have to say, this is one instance when I am glad that my husband is a "collector".


I have attached some pics. Keeli really enjoys the swinging. Kayla not so much. I think it is too high for her. But, she will grow into it!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like fun! We will have to come try it out sometime!